Snoring is a common issue that most of us face at some point in our lives. It can be highly detrimental to your health, especially if it is severe. At Lowery Smiles, we provide a solution to snoring that is both effective and non-invasive. Our dentists specialize in sleep apnea and can help you get rid of your snoring issues with the help of snore therapy.
What Is a Snore Appliance?
Snore therapy is an effective alternative treatment for snoring. It is similar to the anti-snoring mouthpieces that are available on the market but is considered to be much more comfortable and effective. The device is designed to pull the jaw forward, which opens up the airway and helps you breathe better during sleep. This way, you stop snoring and also feel more refreshed when you wake up in the morning.
What Are Snore Appliances Made Of?
Some of the benefits of using a snore therapy device include:
- It is a comfortable and discreet option for treating snore issues. You can wear it while sleeping without feeling any discomfort or inconvenience.
- The device helps reduce the loudness as well as the frequency of your snoring.
- You don’t have to use any chemicals or undergo surgery to treat your snoring problem.
- The device allows you to continue breathing naturally while sleeping.
- You can start seeing results within a few days after using the device.
A snore appliance is a device used to prevent airway blockage during sleep. It helps keep the airway open by holding open the tissues in the throat. They help keep the lower jaw positioned further forward than usual and keep it in that position during sleep, thus keeping the airway open. The device is typically custom-made for each patient, as it has to fit comfortably in the mouth.
Popular Snore Appliances
- Mandibular Advancement Appliance (MAA): It is used to treat sleep apnea, which is caused due to obstruction in the airways due to their complete closure.
- Tongue Retaining Device: A tongue retaining device is used to keep your tongue from falling back into your throat and blocking your airway.
- Anti-snore Pillow: An anti-snore pillow keeps your head from falling back while sleeping on your side. It puts pressure on your neck, thereby keeping it straight and allowing free flow of air into and out of your lungs while you sleep.
What Is the Procedure for Snore Therapy?
The procedure for getting a snore therapy device is simple and straightforward:
You can either visit our office or call us to schedule an appointment, where we will take your oral health into consideration before recommending a device for you. We use dental imaging technology such as X-rays and digital scans to determine the severity of your condition. We will hand you a sleep study questionnaire and ask you to fill it out and give it back to us so that we can evaluate your condition further. Using this data, we will design an appropriate type of device for you after discussing all your options with you. We will then provide you with the device that we recommend, which will be ready for use. You can visit our office for its cleaning and maintenance at least twice every six months. It may take some time for you to get used to using the device, so we will give you instructions on how to use it properly and what to expect from it in terms of comfort and effectiveness.
Lowery Smiles, located in Cary, NC, has expert dentists and the latest amenities for treatment. Call Dentist in Cary, NC at (919) 468-5501 and schedule an appointment.