Preventive Dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on keeping your mouth healthy. It also involves treating and preventing oral diseases such as tooth decay, gingivitis, and periodontal disease.
Preventive dentistry begins with a regular visit to your dentist. A few minutes of taking care of your oral health can save you many hours of treatment in the future.
Benefits of Preventive Dentistry
Preventive dentistry offers many benefits to patients. Some of them are listed below:
- Preventive dentistry helps you maintain your oral health at an optimum level by preventing such infections as periodontitis, cavities, and gingivitis.
- It reduces tooth loss related to infections from the loss of teeth that have been affected by cavities or gum disease. It also helps patients replace missing teeth with dental implants or dentures.
- Regular visits to the dentist help detect potential problems in their early stages which allows for more effective treatment.
- Regular dental examinations help patients avoid severe oral conditions such as periodontal diseases and cavities.
- Preventive dentistry helps prevent future oral complications such as tooth decay, plaque buildup, and gum diseases.
- Patients can take advantage of preventive dentistry options to avoid expensive and extensive treatments in the future.
- Preventive dentistry can help improve your overall health by making you feel less anxious and increasing your confidence. You will also experience increased energy levels and better sleep.
Preventive Dentistry Services at Lowery Smiles
Preventive dentistry services at Lowery Smiles include:
- Deep Cleaning for Stains and Tartar
Deep cleaning is the best way to prevent tooth decay. It removes stains from the tooth enamel and removes tartar from the gum line. This helps prevent gum disease and tooth decay. This procedure is performed in just one visit to our dental office.
- Fluoride Treatments for Kids
Fluoride treatments are the best way to prevent tooth decay in children. The procedure involves applying a gel containing fluoride to the teeth of your child to strengthen their teeth and prevent decay.
- Oral Cancer Screening
Oral cancer is one of the most common types of cancer. If caught in its early stages, it can be treated successfully with significantly lower treatment costs. We recommend oral cancer screening twice a year for patients aged 18 years and older to detect any signs of cancer in the mouth before it becomes severe.
- Mouth Guards for Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a common yet severe sleep disorder that causes breathing problems during sleep. It can cause discomfort in your sleeping hours as well as make you dull during the day, as it disturbs your sleep pattern and makes you feel tired all day long. A mouth guard can stop your airway from closing while you sleep, thus preventing sleep apnea. Our dentist provides custom-made mouth guards for this purpose that fits perfectly inside your mouth to keep you safe while sleeping soundly at night with no interruption in your sleep cycle due to sleep apnea.
Lowery Smiles, located in Cary, NC, has expert dentists and the latest amenities for treatment. Call us at (919) 468-5501 and schedule an appointment.