Find tooth-healthy foods that can make your smile shine. Although many foods are just another obstacle that stands in the way of optimum oral health, did you know that there are some foods that have been recognized as capable of enhancing your oral health? Listed below are some helpful foods and tips for your oral health with the delightful benefits they can offer to your smile:
– Calcium and phosphorus are known minerals that can make your teeth healthier and stronger by re-mineralizing your tooth enamel. Foods high in these ingredients include chicken, cheese, nuts, and milk.
– If you are seeking additional ways to keep your smile fresh and clean, try eating crunchy and watery foods such as water and pears.
– Chewing sugarless gum after meals has been clinically proven to help increase saliva production, which will help fight cavities and neutralize harmful acids that cause dental erosion.
– Do not snack regularly between meals, as this can lead to an increase in potential oral health ailments.
– Extremely acidic foods or foods that have a high acid content, such as sour candies, tomatoes, and citrus fruits, can cause dental erosion.
Call us at (919) 468-5501 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Siti A. Lowery, DDS to visit the dental practice at 110 Preston Executive Dr. #104, Cary, NC 27513.
110 Preston Executive Dr #104, Cary, NC 27513
Email: [email protected]Book Now